Wednesday, January 19, 2011

they were meant to be

Remembering a really special guy today. . .

Pastor A met Jesus last year today.

Our children loved him.

His going-home was their first experience with death.

Pastor A's precious other half, Pauline, has opened her heart wide to my children and as they walk their own grief-road, she is walking it with them.

They never forget him.  They know he belongs with her.  They love that he is in Heaven.

We spent some time with one of my favorite people in the whole world yesterday.  I tell her, "Speak, O Wise One, and I will listen!" and she laughs.  We looked through pictures of their lives together. . .

His football uniform. Did you go to his games? I ask and she says of course and that she was just distraught watching him be carried off the field after an injury once; his eyes twinkle at us from the black and white photo.

She tells me about an announcement she gave in an assembly meeting at school and how he sat in the audience, listening to her, and that he leaned over to his buddy and said that's the girl I'm going to marry.

His first car. . . I tell her that Pastor A's chest is puffed out cuz he's so proud. . . new car and a pretty girl hanging onto his arm. . . their joy is real and alive and almost like you could reach out and touch it.

And then the picture I fell in love with. . .

two people, madly in love with each other. . .

headed off into life to serve a God who is faithful. . .

to raise an incredible family. . .

to see sorrow and loss. . .

to impact countless lives. . .

their beginning.



Love them both so much. . . one in Heaven and one still here. . .

They were meant to be!

3 comments:

  1. Very Special Hayley. They were/are quite an amazing couple. And I do love that picture too. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. great writing! I always look forward to your posts. you touch my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post! And a beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete