Saturday, July 11, 2009

Golf Course Reality Check

I want to remember her second year this way. . .

exuberance

energy

early morning hugs

ever present questions

Today, when she was running out onto the green, I called her back- you can't do that, kids can't play just anywhere at a country club, it's not polite. She stopped; cheese, Mommy. . . because I had been taking her picture earlier, and then came running back to me. I love her enthusiasm for life. Love it!

This is the kind of image I want to remember when I see the negative side of all of her exuberance. . . too many questions, never any quiet, early early morning hugs. . .

God, help me keep it all in balance. I don't want my little girl running wild across the golf course, I do want her to be well behaved. But thank You for all of that unbridled joy that she brings to our lives.

3 comments: