Wednesday, April 7, 2010

FD Delivery

We are headed to see Daddy with these:
Streusel / Oat Rhubarb muffins


2 1/2 cups flour

1 cup rolled oats

1 cup brown sugar

2 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup milk

splash of vinegar in milk to create "buttermilk"

1 egg

1/2 cup oil

1 t. vanilla

2 cups finely chopped rhubarb


Streusel:

1/4 cup butter

1/3 cup flour

1/3 cup brown sugar

1/3 cup rolled oats


Mix dry ingredients for muffins, add wet ingredients. Spoon into muffin liners. Top with streusel crumbs and bake at 400 for 12 - 15 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I will give it a try. Did you use frozen rhubarb?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look good, but rhubarb makes my tongue feel weird! :-)

    I made cinnamon rolls for Bible Study this morning. The recipe makes 18-22 and I didn't need that many, so I dropped half of them off at the FD a few blocks from my house. They were thrilled! When I went back later to pick up the (empty!) pan, they said they were the best in the world and I am welcome to bring them by anytime! :-)

    ReplyDelete