Thursday, April 16, 2009

People Watching Gene. . .

It comes from my side of the family. I know it's not polite, I know it isn't kind. We stare at people. Yep, watch them walk by and let our heads turn as our eyes follow them. As soon as they are out of earshot, we comment.

"She has the cutest shoes."

"I don't think they were married."

"He tans, that is disgusting."

Daniel has tried hard to break this terrible habit I have. He definitely has succeeded at making me aware of the crime. (I thought everybody did this! Come on, they do, don't they?)

But here we have little Cambria, innocent and unaware of the genetic disorder we share. The neighbors had company and she just stopped everything to go stare. Jacob, his daddy's spitting image in every way, glanced over at the goings on next door. . . and unconcerned, uninterested he went inside. Not my Cambria. I had to pry her away!

Daniel's work is cut out for him. . .

1 comment:

  1. Cambria would feel right at home down south! Although it's not usually the female gender that takes up this habit so much. I miss the whole Iowa "look once and look away" (and if you want to look again you definitely do it when they aren't noticing!).

    ReplyDelete