Monday, April 4, 2011

Christ is Risen

I've been thinking a lot about Easter. . .

The empty grave has new significance for me this year. 

Daniel and I have always made a visual image of a tomb and Jesus' body for the kids on the days preceding Easter Sunday.  We wrap the little stick figure in perfume drenched white cloths.  We paint flowers on a tiny clay tomb.  We seal a stone over the door. 

And then, Easter morning we roll away that little stone and show them the linen cloth on the floor of the tomb.

He's not there! 

I am always so thankful at the remembrance of what He did for us.

This year, my heart thrills  at the remembrance of what He did.

That He defeated the grave is just so unthinkably staggering.

The more I listen to this song, the more I love it.

Christ is risen from the dead

He trampled over death by death

No scheme of hell

No scoffer's crown

No burden great

Can hold You down

In strength You reign

Christ is risen from the dead

Trampling over death by death

Come awake, come awake

O, church, come stand in the light

The glory of God has defeated the night

No comments:

Post a Comment