Wednesday, August 21, 2013

calypso burritos

After waiting literally hours for Daniel in Home Depot one day, I discovered their extensive cookbook selection as well as this great recipe.  I've modified it since and use it often. I have yet to meet someone who doesn't like it. . . no one misses the meat and it's super super healthy using olive oil and mozzarella.  I wonder if I would rename them Home Depot Burritos?
 
 
2 medium size zucchini
1 medium yellow squash (whatever it's called - I think of it as yellow zucchini)
2 large carrots
1 large green pepper
1 large red onion
3-5 cloves garlic
olive oil to saute
fresh ground salt and pepper
1 can drained black beans or kidney beans
1 can drained whole kernel corn
1 envelope taco seasoning
1/3 cup salsa
handful cilantro
 
 
 
 
Grate squashes and carrots; chop pepper, onion and garlic.  Saute the onion and garlic until tender, add the pepper, then add the squashes.  Continue to saute, adding the remaining ingredients and simmer just until everything looks blended. 
 
 
serve with:
tortillas [preferably homemade ;) ]
mozzarella cheese
fresh avocados and tomatoes
sour cream
 

So yummy!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing. We have all of those ingredients (most of them in abundance, ahem...zucchini). I think I am going to include this on my meal plan for the week. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm, this sounds awesome!! good find! Kristi

    ReplyDelete