Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Play Dough, In Pictures

First, a quick trip to Wal-Mart. (Seriously, who keeps cream of tartar powder in the cupboard?) And thank you, JD, I can get the keys by myself.
I always forget, house keys, car keys, truck keys, church keys, rental keys. . .
. . . it's really surprising to me that my daddy hasn't color coded the key rings. Oh, wait, how about that, he has! Just haven't mastered my colors yet.
Stir up that play dough on medium heat. . .
  • 1 cup warm water
  • 1 cup flour
  • 2 teaspoons cream of tartar powder
  • 1 tablespoon oil
  • 1/4 cup salt
    until it looks like this.
    Now for the food coloring, the best part. And, no, I am not giving a thumbs up sign. I am just taking a little break from sucking it.
    If you want to, you can do like our mommy did and try to keep the food coloring off of those little people paws by putting it in little ziplock bags
    but I really wouldn't recommend it, and since we will just poke holes in the bags anyway, we found it to be a complete waste of time. our first four colors. . . we added purple and orange. . . Ok, is he going to notice if I steal his blue stuff while he's saying cheese for Mommy?
    Awww, no mixing colors? Mommy! Too hard of a rule!
    JD, the born multi tasker: rolling out orange, practicing the alphabet (see the J?) and singing at the top of his lungs.

No comments:

Post a Comment