Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Peppermint Popcorn

My morning started out with this shocker when Jacob prayed at breakfast that we would

(get this)

find it urgent to be kind and generous with each other

I had a hard time not laughing out loud.

Urgent?

An hour later he must have also felt that it was urgent to call Cambria a bossycat.

What is a bossycat, anyway?

Oh the queries of motherhood.

Jacob's penchant for using big words is one of our main bonding points.  The only thing that we seem to share in common is a love for the English language and reading.  Other than that he is a clone of his daddy.

Anyway. . .

We made this salad last week and it was sooo good.  I served it in taco shell bowls with that Cafe Rio chicken that is all over Pinterest.  Pretty delish.

I love red cabbage in salads.  I seasoned the cabbage in this one with a little red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and cumin powder and let it sit on the counter to wilt a little while I prepared everything else.


 
 
Hypothetically speaking, if you eat healthy, then salad cancels out all of the calories in this peppermint popcorn stuff that I discovered at Deeann's Pinterest party.  (Have I already mentioned Pinterest twice in one post? oh dear)  She says it's not original with her, but I'm giving her the credit anyway. :)
 
Peppermint Popcorn
 
3 bags of light butter microwave popcorn, popped
1 lb. white chocolate, melted
handful of candy canes (I used 10 large ones) pulverized in blender
 
Pour white chocolate over popcorn, stir to coat.  Sprinkle with candy cane "sugar" and pour out onto parchment paper to cool and harden.   
 
It's a great way to use up all of the leftover candy canes from Christmas.
 
It's also a great way to sabotage your diet.  I've made three batches in the last two weeks cuz it keeps disappearing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment